KAT Laser Salon mainly perform facial waxing, in our Sydney salon, but our therapists can assist with cosmetic waxing on other regions as well. Our clients can expect quick and hygienic treatments that meticulously adhere to personal specifications.
Our therapists prefer to use only high quality, award-winning LYCON wax. In order to prevent skin from lifting – a common complain at other salons – nourishing oil is applied, and each session ends with the application of Aloe Vera gel or calming cream to minimise redness and irritations.
In order to ensure optimal waxing results and safety, please be aware of the following information and fully inform treatment provider of any changes during each visit:
- Waxing cannot be performed over areas present with:
- Abrasions, broken skin, bites
- Bruising, swelling
- Sunburns, heat rashes
- Contagious skin conditions (i.e. chicken pox, impetigo, herpes)
- Hairy moles
- Skin tags
- Atypical or undiagnosed bumps and lumps
- Recent scarring from surgical procedures (6 months to 24 months)
- Recent fractures (3 months)
- Certain medications, supplements and treatments can affect treatment outcome:
- Medications affecting skin sensitivity, skin condition (i.e. corticosteroid) or blood.
- Blood-thinning medications (i.e. aspirin, fish oil)
- Benzoyl peroxide
- Salicylic acid
- Alpha Hydroxy Acids (i.e. Glycolic, Lactic)
- Chemical depilatories
- Skin bleaching agents (i.e. Hydroquinone)
- Hair bleaching agents (mostly for upper lip)
- Tanning booth or unprotected sun exposure (24 hours prior)
- Chemical peels
- Laser treatment
- Waxing is not recommended when you have:
- Cardiovascular conditions (i.e. thrombosis, pacemakers, angina)
- Recent operations
- Severe varicose veins
- For women, it is possible to experience heightened skin sensitivity to waxing for 1 week prior to the beginning of menses.
- Some tenderness, small bumps and redness are common side effects immediately after waxing and should gradually resolve within the next 24-48 hours. Contact us if redness or tenderness are persistent of if you have other questions with regards to the procedure.
- Keep waxed areas clean and avoid any heat and/or friction within 24-48 hours afterwards:
- Wear clean, loose-fitting clothing to minimise chafing
- No hot baths, saunas, massages or steams
- No hot, strong jet showers (cool or warm only)
- No tanning (sunbathing, sun bed or spray tan)
- No sports, gym, swimming or other exercises
- Avoid applying deodorants, body sprays or heavy powders and creams
- Apply simple, non-perfumed moisturiser to soothe waxed area.
- Apply anti-septic cream for 3 days to keep waxed area clean.
- Regular applications of sunscreen to protect against UV irritations and skin darkening.
- Avoid shaving between waxing appointments. Allow minimum 3-4 weeks of growth.
Sides of Face